Something happened today that shook my world. A precious life was lost, a mommy lost her unborn child and a family was changed forever. I did not know the family well, only well enough to smile and say hi in the hallways of church. However, I did see God move through the people in my church. Tears were shed, prayers were said, hugs were given, children were taken care of, family was picked up from the airport, pictures were taken, hours were spent in the waiting room. I was only a part on the far outside, not touched physically, only emotionally. I hope to help if I can, but am blessed by watching my church step up to the plate. I am in tears for the family and am humbled by the heartache we all now share.
I visited with my sister about my day today. She reminded me that my mother always said that some children are too special to God to have them endure the pressures of this world. I am blessed by a loving church family, but am equally blessed in my God given family. I was raised in the best family. A loving, smart, caring, Christian family. I was also blessed because my mom was able to see my daughter and spend time with her and spoil her buying her Easter dresses and whatever came along that she thought Samantha would like.
So since I am thinking about how life is precious, how thankful I am to be where I am today. I am posting a picture of my mom with Samantha in one of her Easter dresses. I also know that mom endured the pressures of this world with grace and beauty. I miss her dearly, but know she is in a much better place now. For Jesus went to prepare a place for us, for where He is, there we shall be also, if we truly believe that He is the Son of God, born of a virgin, dying on a cross to save us from our sins, only to be raised from the dead conquering sin forever, to live at the right hand of God. He is our intercessor, our redeemer, our Lord.
I am blessed


No comments:
Post a Comment