I let Samantha drive home from Garber the Friday before Memorial day to get some driving experience on the highway before she had to drive for her class. That is the reason why she is in the driver's seat, but not the reason I am blogging about this picture.
We had just finished putting flowers on all our relatives gravesides (one of them is in this picture!). Samantha was with Patsy and I all day helping to sort/pack/ and disperse all these flowers. She was with us while we ate at the local diner on a lunch of fried food and iceberg lettuce salads. She listened to the required telling of the stories that have been passed down for generations. She wrote down names of all the relatives so we could keep better track of how many flowers we needed, and how many needed to be replaced for next year. She did all of this with just the 3 of us and still ended the day with this sweet smile on her face. That is the reason I am blogging this picture.
Thank you Samantha for the beautiful young lady you are becoming....inside and out.
This is a memory that will always make me smile. Yes, I'm smiling now!

No comments:
Post a Comment