Wednesday, January 12, 2011

AWANA

Tonight was Policeman night at AWANA.  I had the lesson, so of course I had a built in prop!  My wonderful husband stood up in front of 20 some girls and ladies, while I compared his uniform to the armor of God.  And also spoke about how we each need to be acting like Christians in and out of church.  Just like Stephen is still a trooper even though he is out of uniform. 

This got me thinking of way back when Stephen and I were first together.  I was finishing my sophomore year of college and he was off to be a police officer and hopefully on to the OHP.  I was really upset because in my mind, him being a police officer would change WHO he was.  Oh the young and ignorant.  I honestly do not think Stephen has changed much since the time he told me that he wouldn't change just because he had a uniform on.  He has been strong and steadfast always.  It is one of the wonderful things about him. 

He was and always will be very particular about things such as his uniform.  The only people allowed to smudge his badge have been his grandma and his daughter.  I have a great picture of Samantha with him sitting on the floor.  She was just pulling up to things, and had actually used his badge to pull herself up to get closer to him.  It was precious.  I will post it another time.  Now it's late and I need my sleep...

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment